Mid-level Front-end Developer - Saint Petersburg Office
metaphacts is a Germany-based company empowering customers to unlock the value of their data assets and reach smarter business decisions using Knowledge Graphs. metaphacts provides the expertise, products and services to build thematically specialized knowledge graph applications in areas such as business, finance, engineering and manufacturing, life sciences, cultural heritage, and more.
Built entirely on open standards and technologies, the metaphactory platform follows FAIR data principles and supports knowledge graph management, rapid application development and end-user oriented interaction. As a main benefit, our platform enables knowledge workers to create and gain meaningful insight into their data with one comprehensive software solution.
In Saint Petersburg, metaphacts runs a local development office. The Saint Petersburg team participates equally in all activities of the company from project work to product development.
Currently we are looking for an enthusiastic mid-level or senior front-end developer to join our Saint Petersburg team.
You will be part of our development team and work together with our product manager, UI specialist, architects and fellow front-end and back-end developers. As a mid-level front-end developer, you will be responsible for creating new and enhancing existing platform components written in React and also keeping the platform up-to-date with the library updates. You will participate in peer code reviews and will grow your development skills. Your focus will be on delivering high quality code to provide our customers with excellent software solutions that meet their needs and requirements. As a valued team member, you can bring your own ideas and discuss them with the team.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A university degree in software engineering
- Proficiency in TypeScript, HTML5, CSS3
- A work record of over 2 years as a front-end developer
- Mastering of modern web development stack and tools (webpack, npm, git, continuous integration, continuous delivery, issue tracking, etc.)
- Experience in organizing data flow from and to back-end via JSON, Rest API, etc.
- Expertise in constructing data exchange with modern databases (relational, NoSQL, object-oriented, etc.)
- Knowledge of Linux OS sufficient for deployment of applications
- Capability and eagerness to learn new technologies and frameworks
- At least one project with complex logic in the portfolio
- Experience in communication in small teams with agile development methodologies
- Fluent English-speaking and English-writing skills
What will set you apart
- Expertise in programming under React framework
- Experience in using virtualization tools and cloud services: AWS, Docker, etc.
- Knowledge of Semantic Web technologies and standards (RDF, SPARQL, OWL)
- Experience with (graph) database technologies is a plus
Why should you join us?
Do you want to be part of a team that strives to develop cutting-edge products and solutions for their customers and users? Then metaphacts is right for you!
These are just some of the perks and benefits that metaphacts offers its employees:
- Become part of a young, dynamic, and highly motivated international team with flat hierarchies and startup spirit. In our small, specialized team your contributions make a difference!
- As a valuable team member, you can bring in your own ideas and make personal progress while actively advancing our products and offerings.
- Build up your personal network by helping us organize and participate in community events like meetups and conferences.
- Get training and certifications in key technologies relevant to your role.
- We offer flexible work times, competitive compensation, and hardware of your choice.
We look forward to receiving your application!
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us via email or via phone at +7 951 667 83 20