We are excited to announce the release of metaphactory 4.6 which delivers improvements to the search experience, enhancements to the ontology modeling capabilities, as well as other improvements to the user experience.
New features and improvements in metaphactory 4.6
- Improvements to the search experience, incl.
- New hierarchical search facets that support data filtering using hierarchical tree structures (for example, exploiting controlled vocabularies, partonomies, etc.)
- More flexible templates for inline disambiguation to ensure search explainability by highlighting how a match was derived
- Improved behaviour for resetting or clearing a search
- Option for application engineers to specify autofocus, autocomplete flags for specific fields
- New configuration options to adapt to different interaction modes on mobile devices
- Ontology modeling enhancements, incl.
- Performance and usability improvements when initially loading the ontology in the editor
- Ability to keep the default ontology diagram unchanged when making changes to the ontology
- Enhanced usability for importing and exporting (ontology) diagrams
- Flexibility in configuring IRI generation schemes
- Update to the chart visualisation components to use Highcharts by default (updated to version 10), providing a better default user experience and look and feel, as well as improved documentation
- Extensions to semantic forms that allow application engineers to implement deletion of entities through forms and to configure warnings and notifications for end users
- Extensions to the semantic clipboard that allow end users to add individual resources, a table selection of resources, or complete search results to an existing set
- Single-Sign-On database integration to support per-user OIDC/JWT token authentication and authorization. Per user OIDC/JWT tokens can also be used to authenticate to external services (e.g., REST connected via Ephedra) including automated token refresh handling. Actual implementation varies per database.
- Improvements to the templating language and editor, incl.
- Validation of front-end handlebars syntax incl. global diagnostics
- New template helpers for array ordering and filtering
- Auto-suggestions for frontend helper functions in the editor
Get started with metaphactory for free »